- Describe the strategic management process. What does it mean to manage strategically?
- What are the three types of organizational strategies and how are they different?
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) has had a significant impact on strategic management practices and strategies. Discuss how the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 reformed corporate governance.
- Compare and contrast the industrial organization (I/O) and resource-based views (RBV) on competitive advantage.
- How does each develop a competitive advantage?
- What is their focus?
- What are their determinants of profitability?
- Analyze the two perspectives on the environment.
- Explain the primary responsibility of managers in conducting external analysis across managerial levels.
- Describe the benefits of conducting an external analysis.
- Define and present the characteristics of distinctive organizational capabilities.
- Outline the steps in the identification of distinctive organizational capabilities.
- Describe the criteria involved in judging organizational strengths and weaknesses.
- Discuss the internal audit approach and why it is important.
Field of study:
Tuesday, January 22, 2019