Read the case study titled, "Carlson Companies" found at the end of Chapter 12.
Write a fully developed paper in which you:
- Assess how the Carlson SAN approach would be implemented in today’s environment.
- Compare the pros and cons of consolidating data on a SAN central data facility versus the dispersed arrangement it replaces.
- Evaluate the issues raised from the Carlson SAN mixing equipment from a number of vendors and determine the management options for dealing with this type of situation.
- Justify the reduction of administration and management of storage networking through Carlson’s IP SAN.
- Assess how cloud computing could be used by Carlson instead of a SAN. Create a diagram using Visio or its open source alternative software to illustrate the use of cloud computing. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the roles of the Internet and the basic protocols that are the foundation of the Internet and address the critical issue of quality of service (QoS).
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Field of study:
Saturday, February 9, 2019