Today, businesses have a variety of disciplinary action policies at their disposal. For this assignment, you will be asked to research current corporate disciplinary action procedures and determine which ones work best for a specified company.
In M2: Assignment 1, you assumed you were a manager in the HR department for WidgetMaker, a large US-based company with offices in several states. For this assignment, you will once again assume you are an HR manager at the same company. You have now been tasked with evaluating the company’s official disciplinary action policy. As you already know, this firm is a large established company with a large mix of job levels and functions.
Using the university online library resources and the Internet, research current corporate disciplinary action procedures and choose two different styles to compare and contrast.
For each method, respond to the following:
- What steps are taken before terminating an employee?
- How are corrective measures taken?
- Does the employee have the right to appeal disciplinary decisions? Why or why not? If so, how does the appeal process work? If not, how will disagreements over disciplinary decisions be mediated?
- Does one style work better than the other for a specific industry, job function, or level? Please explain.
- What legal factors are considered upon termination? What ethical factors are considered?
After researching and comparing the policies, make a recommendation as to which system would be the most appropriate for this example company. Should the company have one master plan or should the policy depend upon employee function and/or level? Justify your response.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Field of study:
Tuesday, November 13, 2018