Research the Internet and find a celebrated criminal prosecution case to analyze, such as a criminal case that received media attention. This case must have proceeded to trial; it cannot have been plea bargained or dismissed before the trial phase.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you address the following questions:
- Summarize the criminal procedures that occurred in this case, from arrest through appeal, if applicable.
- What was the crime the defendant was alleged to have committed? What are the elements of that crime? Is there sufficient evidence to believe the defendant guilty of this crime beyond a reasonable doubt? Explain.
- Identify the legal defenses used in this case. Explain what the defense entails and if it is viable.
- Based on the evidence, should, or did, the defense apply to either exonerate the defendant or reduce his sentence?
- Include an Introduction, Topic Sentence, and Conclusion.
Format your answers consistent with APA guidelines.
Field of study:
Saturday, February 2, 2019