Write a 1–2 page cover letter that highlights the leadership qualities you already possess and explains how your enrollment in the program will enhance those qualities.
The assessments in this course are sequenced in such a way as to help you build specific skills that you will use throughout your program. Complete the assessments in the order in which they are presented.
Remember that in FlexPath you have the opportunity to submit each assessment up to three times to improve your learning and demonstration of the competencies.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Apply critical thinking to business-related activities.
o Describe characteristics of an effective leader.
o Explain how effective leaders build and maintain relationships across disciplines.
o Explain how effective leaders develop and lead teams of diverse employees.
o Explain how academic skills support effective leadership and continued professional development in business world.
· Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
o Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
o Format citations and references using APA style.
· Leadership is an integral element in any job, regardless of the work title. However, it is important to recognize that leadership is not just one single skill; instead, success in leadership depends on a broad range of skills such as managing professional relationships, building interprofessional relationships, managing competing responsibilities, communicating ideas and perspectives effectively, evaluating the latest developments and research in one's field, supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion, making sound decisions based on relevant evidence, and following ethical behavior.
As a business professional and leader, it is important for you to understand the leadership characteristics and behaviors that produce the desired results. Of equal importance is your need to understand your own personal strengths and the goals you have for improving in various leadership areas.
· Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
· What measure can you use to evaluate your leadership skills?
· How would your coworkers and friends describe your leadership qualities?
· What activities do you engage in and what professional associations do you belong to that can promote your continued professional development?
· How can you be an active learner in this degree program and really develop your skills?