Review the classroom management example and the SPD-540 Class Profile from this week's readings. Keeping the classroom management plan example in mind, identify three to four modifications you would make for students with disabilities who are listed in the SPD-540 Class Profile.
In your submission, complete the following for each modification:
- List the modification;
- Identify the student(s) for whom the modification is designed;
- Provide a 1 page rationale explaining how the modification will meet the needs of the identified student(s); and
- Support your choices with references to the CEC Professional Ethical Principles and Professional Practice Standards.
Create a new 750-1,000-word classroom management plan that could be used in a resource or self-contained classroom of eight students. Assume these students have a variety of exceptionalities including serious disruptive and sometimes unsafe behaviors. Consistent with The IRIS Center guidelines, your classroom management plan should include the following components:
- A statement of purpose
- An action plan for implementation
In addition, specifically address safe and appropriate student crisis intervention. Also, include a layout of the classroom that incorporates the guidelines and any additional classroom materials related to classroom management, such as signs, posters, etc.
Support your classroom management plan with a minimum of three scholarly resources on best practices in classroom management for special education.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
This may help in completing this assignment:
Behavior Management: Principles and Practices of Positive Behavior
Review chapter 3 in Behavior Management: Principles and Practices of Positive Behavior Supports.
1. Classroom Management
Review “Classroom Management,” available on the University of Massachusetts website.
2. Classroom Management (Part 1): Learning the Components of a Comprehensive Behavior Management Plan
Read " Classroom Management (Part 1): Learning the Components of a Comprehensive Behavior Management Plan," from The Iris Center website.
3. Classroom Management (Part 2): Learning the Components of a Comprehensive Behavior Management Plan
Read " Classroom Management (Part 2): Developing Your Own Comprehensive Behavior Management Plan," from The Iris Center website.
4. Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training Program
View "Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training Program," available on YouTube.
5. Restructuring the Inclusion Classroom to Facilitate Differentiated Instruction
Read “Restructuring the Inclusion Classroom to Facilitate Differentiated Instruction,” by Patterson, Connolly and Ritter, from Middle School Journal (2009).
6. Special Education Professional Ethical Principles
Review the CEC Special Education Professional Ethical Principles and Practice Standards.
Field of study:
Tuesday, February 12, 2019