Examining Mean, Median, and Mode
- Differentiate between mean, median, and mode.
- Interpret distribution shapes, especially with respect to skewness and outliers.
- Explain the concept of bell curve.
Course Outcome practiced in this assignment:
HS311-3: Examine summary statistics of health data in terms of central tendency
Using the data collected from the Data Collection Discussion in Unit 1, calculate the median, mean, and mode of the dataset. Identify your answers and explain in your own words how you approached each calculation. Draw conclusions from each of these measures and identify a strength and weakness for each. Also, comment on skewness, outliers, and how the dataset compares to a bell curve. This assignment should be submitted as a Word document.
- Write at least 250 words and include a heading with your name, date, assignment, and course.
- Any references should come from credible sources and use APA documentation.
- Include a highly developed viewpoint that is free from plagiarism.
- Organize your paper with subheadings.
- Proofread to be free of grammar and spelling errors.