Complete a modified Gemba Walk.
Prepare for your preliminary walk by completing the following:
- Refer back to this week's Gemba walk presentation.
- Survey your department or another area of your choosing. Decide upon where you will focus your walk.
- Research both the setting where you will be doing your walk and explore external resources that will inform your setting.
Complete the walk by asking and answering the four Ws outlined in the Gemba Walk Presentation activity.
Using systems thinking concepts, produce a 525- to 1,050-word executive summary.
- Discuss the four Ws and your findings.
- Where do you see opportunities to decrease muda (waste) and increase creativity and flow within processes or departments within your organization?
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Field of study:
Monday, June 4, 2018