Please read the assigned short case ("Monitoring Foreign Suppliers") carefully and answer ALL questions below. Your response should be typed with a maximum of TEN pages excluding the cover page, references and any attachments. Use double spacing, Times New Roman, 12-point font with a I-inch margin. Please include page numbers and sub-headings. The cover page should state your name, course number (with section) and date. The assignment has three parts - the report, the slides and the audio/video visual recording of your presentation. You can use any media to record your video. Include the link to the video in the report. Submit the Audio/visual recording link and PowerPoint slides by November 19, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Cover page should have your name in the following format: Last name, First Name Your student ID # Course number with section, semester, Case title, Date of report. All pages should have a page numbers except the cover page. The page numbers should be at the bottom center. Each page should have your name (Last, First) aligned right of the margin in the page header.
Please fully answer the following questions about the case in your report:
- Summarize and discuss the core issue in the case. Do not repeat the entire case details but only pertinent information at the heart of the case.
- Identify any ethical and/or moral dilemmas in the case. What is an ethical decision-making? What ethical perspective can be used to analyze this case?
- A firm’s suppliers are one of its most important external stakeholders. In light of this case, how do you evaluate the performance of Nike and Walmart when it comes to their relationship with foreign suppliers? Are they doing enough in ensuring compliance and supporting these suppliers’ growth? If not, what do you think is missing?
- Recent research in corporate social responsibility (CSR) suggests that we evaluate the firm’s performance from three important dimensions: economic, social and environmental. These are commonly referred to as the “Triple Bottom Line”. Evaluate Walmart & Nike’s economic performance by specifically focusing on their Return on Assets (ROA), Return on Equity (ROE) and growth of stock price from 2012-2016. [Hint: Use Library’s Mergent Online database for financial information].
- Similarly, evaluate Nike’s & Walmart’s environmental (sustainable) performance. Begin by downloading these companies’ recent Sustainability Reports from their websites (or related sources). Summarize major initiatives they have that support environmental sustainability in recent years.
- Some analysts express concern that firms sometimes do not fully commit to sustainability as they claim in their official reports (“greenwashing” phenomenon). In your opinion, are these two companies fully committed to addressing environmental issues/concerns? Support your arguments with research.