Visit the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. website. Click on "Recalls." Choose one product that has been recalled.
- Describe the product subject to recall, including the recall date, recall number, and the reason for the recall.
- Analyze whether the manufacturer would be liable for negligence if the product had not been recalled and had caused harm to a consumer.
- Discusses the following in relation to the product recall:
- Duty of Care
- Standard of Care
- Breach of the Duty of Care
- Actual Causation
- Proximate Causation
- Actual Injury
- Defenses to Negligence
- Analyze and apply a relevant consumer protection statute identified under "Consumer Protection" in Chapter 8 of your text in conjunction with the product recall that you have identified. Must address the topic with critical thought.
Field of study:
Thursday, November 1, 2018