Now that you have reviewed your state’s statistics and key health indicators, let us look at how they influence your community. Please create a digital poster, answering the following questions:
- Please provide a brief socioeconomic and demographic overview of your community (racial and ethnic composition, age, demographics, income, educational attainment, military presence, and occupation).
- What are the major causes of illness, injury, and death in the community?
- What health issues and behaviors are most concerning to local citizens and community leaders?
- What barriers exist for residents to achieve better health?
- What resources exist to support communitywide goals and strategies to address the health issues identified?
Create a poster highlighting your community and population, answering the above questions. Tips to creating a professional quality digital poster are listed below:
- Determine your digital poster format
- Brainstorm the Content-make sure you are answering all the questions above!
- Pick a suitable Template
- Use color to grab attention
- Choose graphics and typography
- Clean up any clutter.
- Please make sure to follow APA guidelines.
Have fun! Be creative.