Please note: The first assignments in Units 6 and 7 are related. In Unit 6, your work was graded for completion and relevancy. In Unit 7, your work will be graded with a content-specific rubric.
Before you draft your paper, review the scoring guide for the Unit 7 assignment. Since each criterion of the rubric will contribute to your grade on the paper, it is a good idea to develop an outline of headings and subheadings that you will use in your paper. This will help you to include all necessary elements in the assignment.
Using the readings from Unit 6 about the use of data in the management of accountability and assessment processes that foster the development of cultures of learning, as well as the readings in Unit 7 on administering a culture of learning, analyze the kinds of organizational support and decision making that are necessary for the growth and maintenance of a culture of learning.
From Unit 6, be sure to integrate your ideas about:
- The ways data are used to initiate and carry out the decision-making process in a regulatory environment.
- Policies and practices for making organizational decisions about assessing and credentialing student learning, including current alternatives to traditional methods.
Your scholarly paper for Unit 7 should include examples drawn from institutions with which you are familiar or that fit your aspirations, such as a school, an agency, an office, or a classroom. You may also draw your examples from the professional literature.
Be sure to include in your paper:
- A description of the way data are used for decision making in a regulatory environment.
- A summary of policies and practices about assessing and credentialing student learning, including current disruptive alternatives.
- An explanation of the organizational supports that are necessary for the growth and maintenance of a culture of learning.