You are a first year special education teacher and have been assigned a teaching position for ninth grade special education students taking both English and Math.
Students meet with you for 50 minutes each day to get help with homework, to finish classwork, and to get extra support in each subject area.
You will need to structure the class so that student needs in both subject areas will have time to be addressed. Use the provided information about your students, found in the attached “Class Profile.”
With the information provided, compose a two-part 750-1,000-word essay addressing the following:
- Questions about your teaching assignment before it begins, including any requests for additional information;
- Questions of fellow teachers and administration; and
- Information needed before the end of the first week of school.
Provide a rationale for each item citing both the text and “Class Profile” as appropriate.
- Provide a minimum of three possible ways to structure the classroom setting.
- Provide a minimum of two possible ways to structure a class period.
- Provide a minimum of three instructional strategies, to include accommodations and/or assistive technology, to meet the curricular content needs of your students in both the English and Math classes.
Use the text and a minimum of two scholarly resources to support your essay.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Field of study:
Tuesday, February 12, 2019