In your paper, include the following sections:
- Planning: Examine the specific areas you will choose to manage that fall under the planning function.
- For example, what might be some of the things you will plan to do and implement to build an effective team and culture? People are the most important resource in any business, what do you plan to do to build a positive team culture? What processes and systems do you plan to use?
- Organizing: Assess if the present structure that Amazon has set up is working.
- Do you need to make or suggest any changes to make it more efficient and effective? What structure will you use and implement? Explain how you will use departmentalization in your organizational structure.
- Staffing: Analyze your staffing needs.
- How do you intend to staff your organization and replace members that leave or are promoted? How does the HR process apply? What things (if any) will you suggest?
- Leading: Justify the leadership theory and style you will follow to ensure efficiency.
- Will you use transformational or transactional leadership? Why or why not?
- Controls: Identify what controls and measures you will implement.
- How will you apply the four steps of control (these are in Chapter 7; i.e., establishing standards, measuring performance, comparing performance, and making decisions)?
Be sure to integrate vocabulary learned throughout this course and citations from the text to support your analysis. The paper should be five to six double-spaced pages in length, must include at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or credible sources, in addition to the textbook, and be formatted according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Writing Center.
The Team Management Activity and Reflection paper
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center guide.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly, peer reviewed, and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.