Directions: Select a disease from the list of Healthy People 2020 national goals and target population in the community. Examples include obesity, heart disease, sexually transmitted infections, and depression. Go to this website for more ideas: HealthyPeople.gov.
For Part I, compose a four page paper on the topic that discusses the disease, most common populations affected by the disease, and life expectancy for individuals with the disease. Identify who will be your target audience and your assessment of (or how you will assess) the learners' needs, readiness and style.
Expectations for the Teaching Topic Paper:
• Title Page: APA-formatted cover page with the Title of paper, student's name, date, and course.
• Introduction:Explain the purpose of the paper.
• Topic Selection: Discuss why the topic was selected and how it relates to the Healthy People 2020 National Health Goals.
• Scope and Populations Affected: Discuss the incidence, populations affected by the disease, and the usual life expectancy with credible supporting references.
• Target Audience and Assessment of Learners: Explain who you plan to teach and your assessment (or plan on how to assess) the learners for the three determinants of learning (needs, readiness, and style). Relate one learning theory or model to your topic or population and explain how it is relevant.
• References:All papers should include at least three current references (last five years) in APA format for this assignment.
• File Format: All document files should be in Word (.doc. or .docx) or Rich Text (.rtf) formatn