1. "Trends in Health care Human Resource Management" Please respond to the following:
· Assess two effects that cultural competencies overall have on health care human resources management. Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
· Compare and contrast problem-based learning and team-based learning education, and determine key strategies for utilizing these two learning models to help address common health care human resources management issues.
2. "Management Strategies" Please respond to the following:
· Evaluate two of the five characteristics of a culturally competent organization, in terms of how well they relate to human resources management best practice strategies.
· Evaluate at least two benefits that arise from an organization’s use of the electronic health records, in terms of the likelihood that they may influence related management strategies. Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
Week 10 discussion
3. post your original "primary post" of at least 125 words for one of the following three bulleted items. Also, reply to a fellow student on any topic
Topic 1. Trophic Cascades in theSerengeti. Watch Dr. Cox's video (1) on "What Rinderpest eradication taught us about the Serengeti", which can be found in the Instructor Insights folder for this week. Then address the following questions: (a) How did eradication of Rinderpest from East Africa increase both the tree and giraffe populations in the Serengeti? (b) How did eradication of Rinderpest from East Africa increase the population of predator species in the Serengeti? (c) What does this tell us about ecosystems?
Topic 2. Shrinking Red Knots. Read two of three articls (2) (3) (4) about the effects of artic warming on a migratory bird known as the red knot. Then, address the following issues: (a) In your own words summarize the basic story that the articles have in common; (b) of the two articles you read, which of them do you prefer? Why?
Topic 3. Biomes. The term "biome" is described in the textbook. For this topic, describe the biome where you grew up (or where you currently live). Identify your location, the biome of the region, and describe the major characteristics of that biome. Add enough detail and commentary from your own experience, so that your answer is 125 words or more. If you're really ambitious, you could consider looking up the "ecoregion". The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) maintains information about that.
1. James Cox, August 31, 2017, What Rinderpest eradication taught us about the Serengeti. https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/preview/partner_id/956951/uiconf_id/38285871/entry_id/0_922iecgu/embed/dynamic
2. Helen Briggs, May 13, 2016, Shrinking bird pays the bill for Arctic warming, http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-36266692
3. Joseph Dussault, May 12, 2016, Climate change chould be shrinking these arctic birds, http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2016/0512/Climate-change-could-be-shrinking-these-Arctic-birds
4. Carl Zimmer, May 12, 2016, Climate change and the case of the shrinking red knots, http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/17/science/climate-change-bird-red-knots.html?_r=0
Field of study:
Friday, September 7, 2018