For this Assignment, you will watch all four of the historical research videos (listed below), and then select one video to identify basic perspectives and theories used in psychology. Once you have selected your study (video), complete the Unit 6 Assignment Template (located in Course Documents), which will guide you through writing a cohesive paper. This Assignment will provide you with a connection between the major psychology studies and perspectives.
Watch each of the following:
Next, select one the videos, and write a 2–4-page paper (not including Title and Reference pages) addressing the following points:
- Identify the historical research study (video) you selected from the list above.
- Summarize the results of this study and what implications it has with regards to human behavior and mental processes that you have learned about in Units 5–6
- Discuss what is meant by social psychology and how it could apply to your research study referencing its theory and concepts.
- Theories are meant to help you explain and predict people’s behavior. Considering the personality theories you read about in Units 5 and 6, name one theory that helps explain what you see illustrated in the research and explain your reasons for choosing it (for example: psychodynamic, humanistic, social cognitive, behaviorism, or trait theory).
- Define "psychological disorder." Consider whether or not you think this historical research could explain the development of psychological disorders? Explain your reasoning using reference to the study and the disorder(s).