Leaders address issues and propose solutions. As a leader, you’ll need to stay on top of events that may facilitate or hinder productivity. You must create and implement solutions to address these issues.
This assignment exposes you to complex modern organizational challenges. The solutions you devise should reflect your learning and research of organizational and individual influences in the workplace.
1. Select an organizationSelect an organization in which current events have adversely affected productivity, requiring management to resolve an issue related to: corporate culture, managing diversity, leading teamwork, and developing motivational strategies. The organization should be one with which you are familiar — where you work now or have worked previously (business, nonprofit, government, or military). You may also consider other organizations in the news, such as Macy’s for the retail industry, United for the airline industry, Wells Fargo for the banking industry, etc. The focus is on finding solutions, but you should be somewhat familiar with the organization or industry.
2. Plan your researchUse research from the course textbook, company website, business websites (CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.), resources from the Strayer Library, or outside resources to develop solutions to the following questions as they relate to corporate culture, managing diversity, leading teamwork, and developing motivational strategies to achieve the organization's goals and objectives. Your recommendations must be fully articulated and supported with appropriate detail and sources. Note: Wikipedia and web-based blogs do not qualify as credible resources.
Imagine yourself as the task force committee leader at this organization. You have been tasked with analyzing hindrances to organizational efficiency. You must propose strategic solutions.
Create a full report in which you do the following:
PLEASE REMOVE THE TEXT IN RED THROUGHOUT THE PAPER AND REPLACE WITH THE REQUIRED INFORMATION!!
1. Describe the Organization and the Issue to Resolve
· Provide a brief description of the organization you selected.
· Present the organizational issue that adversely affected productivity and that you, the task force leader, will review and resolve. Describe the issue and explain why it is an issue and how it affects productivity.
2. Analyze Current Corporate Culture
· Describe the Organizational Culture.
· Review the mission and vision statements as well as the corporate website and include information about these in your review.
· How has the current corporate culture facilitated the development of the current issue? Research the organization, dig into the culture, and analyze how it contributed to this issue.
3. Identify Areas of Weakness
· What are the organization’s areas of weakness?
· Using your research on organizational behavior approaches to corporate culture, diversity, teamwork, and motivational strategies, identify areas and then describe each.
4. Propose Solutions
· What organizational practices would you modify?
· What solutions should your task force recommend to management?
· As the leader of the task force, identify the suggestions you would present to the organization’s leadership with regard to modifying current organizational practices to resolve the issue.
· The solutions must be aligned with the identified weaknesses and the problem you presented.
5. Prepare an Executive Summary
· Summarize your recommendations and research findings in a one-page executive summary that you will present to the CEO in an upcoming executive meeting.
· Note: An executive summary is a condensed version of your full report.
· It should summarize briefly all the main points in concise paragraphs.
· It should be written clearly and should use language appropriate for the audience.
· You will write this last.
· Be sure to cite all your sources; provide at least two (2) qualified sources (i.e., peer-reviewed journals, government, or a professional organization Website).
· Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources
· Please review the Writing Standards document for additional information about how to format the sources.
· For each source listed here, you should have at least one in-text citation in the body of the paper.
· Number the sources.
· List the sources in the order they appear in your paper.