During the process of obtaining a new career, one of the first steps is to create a career portfolio. A career portfolio is something that you can provide to potential employers to display your skills, competencies, and samples of completed work. In this assignment, you will create a career portfolio that you can use with potential employers.
For this assignment, you will need to compile an electronic portfolio, using the Microsoft®Sway® application. The University provides you with Microsoft® Office365®, which includes the Microsoft® Sway® application. If you do not have Microsoft® Office365® installed on your computer, download and install the software at Office 365 ProPlus & Email Support, or by following the instructions below:
- Click on PhoenixConnect.
- Once on the PhoenixConnect page, click the Communities tab.
- In the search box, type in "Office 365."
- Click on the Office 365 ProPlus & Email Support community.
- Follow the instructions at the top of the page to "Install Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus."
Once installed, the software will be ready for use.
Review the help guides and resources within Microsoft® Office365® for more information on how to use this application.
Consider the career you selected and for which you wrote goals in Week 1.
Imagine you are ready to begin the preparation process for this career by creating your career portfolio and professional social networking profile.
Consider the elements of a career portfolio discussed in Ch. 6 of Career Directions.
Determine the content that you would like to include in your career portfolio.
Create a 4- to 6-section Microsoft® Sway® portfolio. You may choose to use the portfolio template in Microsoft® Sway®, or create a new portfolio. Include at least 1 section for each of the following:
- Industry-specific skills
- Employer-specific skills
- Job-specific skills
Note: You may choose to create a hypothetical portfolio of industry-, employer-, and job-specific skills for your chosen career if you do not yet have experience related to the career and/or industry.
Include pictures, graphics, and videos, as appropriate, to enhance the quality of your portfolio.
Play your portfolio to ensure it displays in the manner you would like. Once you have proofread and finished your portfolio, you are ready to submit your final product.
Follow the 2-part instructions below in order to ensure accurate submission:
- Part 1: Exporting your Sway® presentation to a document:
- Click the ellipsis (...) to the right of the Share icon.
- Select Export from the dropdown menu.
- Select Word for the format.
- Review the document for accuracy.
- Part 2: Creating thumbnail link to your Sway® presentation:
- Click the Share icon in the top right corner of Sway®.
- Under Share your Sway with, choose Anyone with a link.
- Under Invite people to, choose View.
- Click Get visual link.
- Click Copy.
- Paste the thumbnail into the Microsoft® Word document of your presentation.
- Save the document for submission.
Submit your document to the assignment