For this discipline-based literature review, you will research peer-reviewed articles that were published within the last 10 years in the Ashford University Library on the following major perspectives of personality.
You will utilize your researched article to create your literature review. The review should be formatted with the headings and content designated below.
Assess the types of personality measurements and research designs used in in the peer-reviewed articles you researched. Briefly describe the main theoretical models represented within each of the perspectives of personality and explain the commonalities found across all five.
Examine the major theoretical approaches, research methods, and assessment instruments used in the five perspectives of personality. Evaluate and describe the current research in these perspectives using a minimum of one peer-reviewed article for each of the five required perspectives. Present a detailed critique of each of the perspectives by evaluating the standardization, reliability and validity, and cultural considerations present in the most common personality assessments used within each. Support your opinions about each model by substantiating them with scholarly research. Be sure to include the following:
- The theoretical framework(s) for the selected models
- The major contributors to those fields
- The methods of inquiry and assessment usually associated with those models
- An overview of the characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses of the models
Provide a summary of your evaluation addressing the current use and relevance of these perspectives in explaining personality citing research as appropriate.
Writing the Discipline Based Literature Review
- Must be seven to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Your name
- Course name and number
- Your instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introduction that describes and the main theoretical models represented within each of the perspectives of personality.
- Must address the topics of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that summarizes your evaluation addressing the current use and relevance of these perspectives in explaining personality.
- Must use at least five peer-reviewed sources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center