Reminder: Initial Discussion Board posts due by Friday, responses due by Tuesday
Students will be expected to post their first initial Discussion Board posting by Friday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers byTuesday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Primary Task Response: Review and reflect on the knowledge you have gained from this course. Based on your review and reflection, write at least 3 paragraphs on 1 of the following topics:
- What are some examples of major ethical breaches in the recent past that have led to increased scrutiny in the field of financial reporting and analysis? Why are they important to a firm’s stakeholders and the public at large?
- What is the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and what are some of the elements of this Act that were designed to protect the integrity of the financial statements prepared and disseminated by publicly traded companies?
- What is the SEC, and what is its role in protecting the integrity of financial statements prepared and disseminated by publically traded companies?
Be sure to document your statements with credible sources, in-text citations, and references using proper APA format.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of 100–200 words about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.