You must turn in your answers in typewritten form, using Times New Roman, 12 point font; please double space your answers. Each answer should be ¾ -1 page long and should incorporate direct quotes and specific examples from the book. The quiz is worth a possible total of 5 points.
- Describe the problems that Linda (Harriet Jacobs) has with her master, Dr. Flint, and his wife, Mrs. Flint (worth 0.5 point).
- Discuss Linda’s romantic relationships (excluding Dr. Flint) and discuss how Linda views marriage, sexuality and romance as a result of her experiences (worth 0.5 point).
- Give at least two examples of how Linda is at an advantage because of her grandmother’s position in the town (worth 1 point).
- Talk about some of the difficulties Linda experienced while in hiding (before she escapes to the North) (worth 1 point).
- What was Linda’s experience like in the North with regard to work, racism, and Dr. Flint (and his daughter) (worth 1 point)?
- Discuss the trials that Linda’s children go through throughout the
book (be sure to touch on their time in the North and the South) and,
in a one to two sentence conclusion, explain the difficulties of being a
child born into slavery (worth 1 point).
this is the URL of the book: http://docsouth.unc.edu/fpn/jacobs/jacobs.html