· Submit your cultural event choice to the instructor for approval before the end of Week 5.
· Visit a museum or gallery exhibition of modern art before the end of Week 9.
· Write a report of the visit.
· Summarize the report in a PowerPoint presentation.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) in which you:
1. Identify the date visited, location, name, and background of the museum or specific exhibition. (If virtual, identify the Website along with the other information.)
2. Describe three (3) works, noting the artist, title, subject, and the time period of each work.
3. Compare the style, influences, and meaning or intent of each piece, highlighting any changes (if any) from the first to last piece.
4. Explain your reasons for selecting the pieces in a discussion of the reasons for the artist’s popularity and / or impact on the art world.
5. Summarize the main points of three (3) works discussed in your paper in a PowerPoint presentation of at least three (3) slides. Each of the slides should have three to four (3-4) short bullet points and notes about the works in the slide notes section. Include a cover page for the PowerPoint. Add the slides with notes to your paper.
6. Include four (4) references that help support your claims. (The text may be used as one (1) reference.)
Field of study:
Monday, September 3, 2018