Prepare a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper describing survey research and data collection as they relate to criminal justice research. Address each of the following in your paper:
- Identify the various types of survey research utilized in the field of criminal justice.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each of the following:
- -In person surveys
- -Telephone surveys
- -Computer-based surveys
- -Focus group surveys
- Describe the purpose of sampling as part of the research process.
- Identify the types of reliability and validity as they are applied to criminal justice research.
- Discuss the importance of ensuring that data collection methods and instruments are both reliable and valid.
Include at least four peer-reviewed references.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.