Please note: The first assignments in Units 3 and 4 are related. In Unit 3, your work was graded for completion and relevancy. In Unit 4, your work will be graded with a content-specific rubric.
Before you draft your paper, review the scoring guide for the Unit 4 assignment. Since each criterion of the rubric will contribute to your grade on the paper, it is a good idea to develop an outline of headings and subheadings that you will use in your paper. This will help you to include all necessary elements in the assignment.
From the readings in Unit 3 on leadership, you summarized the leadership qualities for developing and leading a mission- and vision-based learning culture in an educational organization. Putting yourself in the place of an educational leader, you formulated a vision statement of an ideal culture of learning.
Your essay in Unit 3 included descriptions of the following:
- Leadership qualities that are necessary for developing a culture of learning that reflects the vision and mission of an institution.
- The qualities that an ideal culture of learning would bring to an institution's mission.
For your Unit 4 assignment, you will use the leadership principles and vision statement that you wrote in Unit 3 as background for a review of "Category Five: Leading and Communicating" (pages 59–68) of Cuyahoga Community College's AQIP Systems Portfolio 2012. Your scholarly paper for Unit 4 should integrate the ideas from Unit 3 in a critical analysis of the strengths and opportunities for improvement that the Cuyahoga leadership has for its culture of learning.
Be sure to include in your paper:
- A summary of the leadership qualities for developing and leading a mission- and vision-based learning culture in an educational organization.
- A description of the qualities that an ideal culture of learning would bring to an institution's mission.
- A description of the strengths of a given process for leading and communicating with an institution's culture of learning through the lens of leadership and vision principles.
- A description of an opportunity for improvement of a given process for leading and communicating with an institution's culture of learning through the lens of leadership and vision principles.